Home > How to
The iPad is a tablet computer designed and developed by Apple. It is particularly marketed as a platform for audio and visual media such as books, periodicals, movies, music, and games, as well as web content. At about 700 grams, its size and weight are between those of most contemporary smartphones and laptop computers.
Apple began taking pre-orders for the iPad from U.S. customers on March 12, 2010. The Wi-Fi version of the iPad went on sale in the United States on April 3, 2010. The Wi-Fi + 3G version was released on April 30. iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G offers superfast data speeds up to 7.2 Mbps over 3G cellular networks around the world. It's perfect when you're out and about with no access to a Wi-Fi network, because you can still get a fast connection for surfing the web, sending and receiving email, or getting directions.
What is iPad Supported Video & Audio Formats?
Its 9.7-inch high-resolution screen makes iPad perfect for watching HD movies, TV shows, podcasts, music videos, and more. However, the video formats supported by the iPad are relatively limited compared to the number of formats available on the market. Below are video and audio formats that are actually supported by iPad device.
iPad Supported Video Formats
* H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
* MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and mov file formats;
* Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format;
* Support for 1024 by 768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter; 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable;
iPad Supported TV Formats
* Support for 1024 by 768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter;
* 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable;
* 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable;
iPad Supported Audio Formats
* Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz;
* Audio formats supported: HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV;
* User-configurable maximum volume limit;
Tips: As you can see, the iPad will play back videos encoded using either the MPEG-4 or H.264 codecs. But this does not means the video standard that is used by most video recording devices, TV recording devices, or commercial DVDs. If you want to convert DVD and video to iPad formats, here we recommend you professional DVD and video conversion software to help you watch any video on your iPad at ease.
MacX DVD Ripper Mac Free Edition is a free DVD ripping software for Mac users to convert DVD to MP4, DVD to iTunes, DVD to MPEG easily, so that you can transfer DVD to iPad, or playback DVD on iPhone, iPod and other Apple devices you like.
MacX Video Converter Free Edition is a professional video converter for you to convert all video like MKV, M2TS, AVCHD, AVI, MP4, M4V, WMV, RM, RMVB, ASF, etc to MP4, H.264 format for your iPad, as well as extract audio from videos and convert them into iPad audio format.
Mac the Ripper, Top Three Free Mac DVD Ripper, Handbrake Rip DVD, Rip DVD Movie, Decrypt DVD, Copy Protected DVD, DVD to iPhone, DVD to iPad 2, DVD to iPod Touch 4, DVD to YouTube, DVD to MP4, DVD to FLV, DVD to MOV, DVD to MKV, DVD to MP3, DVD to MPEG, DVD to iMovie, DVD to iTunes, Mac Video Converter, Youtube Downloader, Download YouTube Video to iPad 3, Youtube to iPhone, MKV to iPhone, WMV to iPhone, iPhone Mounter, FLV to iPod touch 4, Video to MP4, Video to iPhone 4S, Video to iPad 2, Video to iPad 3, WMV to Video, DVD to Samsung Galaxy Tab, DVD to Galaxy S III