The iPad is a tablet computer designed and developed by Apple. It is particularly marketed as a platform for audio and visual media such as books, periodicals, movies, music, and games, as well as web content. At about 700 grams, its size and weight are between those of most contemporary smartphones and laptop computers.
Apple began taking pre-orders for the iPad from U.S. customers on March 12, 2010. The Wi-Fi version of the iPad went on sale in the United States on April 3, 2010. The Wi-Fi + 3G version was released on April 30. iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G offers superfast data speeds up to 7.2 Mbps over 3G cellular networks around the world. It's perfect when you're out and about with no access to a Wi-Fi network, because you can still get a fast connection for surfing the web, sending and receiving email, or getting directions.
What is iPad Supported Video & Audio Formats?
Its 9.7-inch high-resolution screen makes iPad/2016 new iPad Pro perfect for watching HD movies, TV shows, podcasts, music videos, and more. However, the video formats supported by iPad are relatively limited compared to the number of formats available on the market. Below are video and audio formats that are supported by iPad actually.
Convert MKV, WMV, FLV, AVI, MP4 to iPad supported video/audio formats and transfer video to 2016 new iPad Pro/12.9inch iPad Pro, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 6s/s6+, iPhone SE other Apple, Android devices with MacX Video Converter Pro.
iPad Supported Video Formats
* H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
* MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and mov file formats;
* Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format;
* Support for 1024 by 768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter; 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable;
iPad Supported TV Formats
* Support for 1024 by 768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter;
* 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable;
* 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable;
iPad Supported Audio Formats
* Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz;
* Audio formats supported: HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV;
* User-configurable maximum volume limit;
Tips: As you can see, the iPad supports playing back videos encoded with either MPEG-4 or H.264 codecs. But this does not means the video standard that is used by most video recording devices, TV recording devices, or commercial DVDs. If you want to convert DVD and video to iPad formats, here we recommend you the professional iPad related DVD and video conversion software to help you watch any DVD or video on your iPad at ease.
MacX DVD Ripper Mac Free Edition is a free DVD ripping software for Mac users to convert DVD to MP4, DVD to iTunes, DVD to MPEG easily, so that you can transfer DVD to iPad, or playback DVD on iPhone, iPod and other Apple devices you like.
MacX Video Converter Free Edition is a professional video converter for you to convert all video like MKV, M2TS, AVCHD, AVI, MP4, M4V, WMV, RM, RMVB, ASF, etc to MP4, H.264 format for your iPad (including the latest iPad Air and iPad Mini with Retina display), as well as extract audio from videos and convert them into iPad audio format.
Best Video Formats Supported by Apple iPad Air 3
View the iPad Air 3 supported video formats, and learn to convert videos of MKV, FLV, MTS etc. iPad Air 3 unaccepted video formats, movies on DVD to digital video formats supported by iPad Air 3.
Supported Video Formats for iPad Air and iPad Mini with Retina Display
What video formats can be playable on iPad Air and iPad Mini with retina display? You may get know all the supported video formats for iPad Air and iPad Mini (with retina display) here and use free iPad DVD ripper or video converter on Mac to transfer the DVDs or videos to any iPad.
iPhone 6S Supported Audio and Video Formats
What are the best iPhone 6S supported video formats? Learn the comprehensive video formats for iPhone 6S (or iPhone 7) and how to convert incompatible videos and DVDs to audio video formats supported by iPhone 6S.
More Reading Materials