The iPad is a tablet computer designed and developed by Apple. It is particularly marketed as a platform for audio and visual media such as books, periodicals, movies, music, and games, as well as web content. At about 700 grams, its size and weight are between those of most contemporary smartphones and laptop computers.
Apple began taking pre-orders for the iPad from U.S. customers on March 12, 2010. The Wi-Fi version of the iPad went on sale in the United States on April 3, 2010. The Wi-Fi + 3G version was released on April 30. iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G offers superfast data speeds up to 7.2 Mbps over 3G cellular networks around the world. It's perfect when you're out and about with no access to a Wi-Fi network, because you can still get a fast connection for surfing the web, sending and receiving email, or getting directions.
What is iPad Supported Video & Audio Formats?
Its 9.7-inch high-resolution screen makes iPad perfect for watching HD movies, TV shows, podcasts, music videos, and more. However, the video formats supported by iPad are relatively limited compared to the number of formats available on the market. Below are video and audio formats that are supported by iPad actually.
Convert MKV, WMV, FLV, AVI, MP4 to iPad supported video/audio formats and transfer video to iPad Air/2, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 6/6+, iPod, Apple TV, iTunes and other Apple, Android devices with MacX Video Converter Pro.
iPad Supported Video Formats
* H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
* MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and mov file formats;
* Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format;
* Support for 1024 by 768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter; 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable;
iPad Supported TV Formats
* Support for 1024 by 768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter;
* 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable;
* 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable;
iPad Supported Audio Formats
* Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz;
* Audio formats supported: HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV;
* User-configurable maximum volume limit;
Tips: As you can see, the iPad supports playing back videos encoded with either MPEG-4 or H.264 codecs. But this does not means the video standard that is used by most video recording devices, TV recording devices, or commercial DVDs. If you want to convert DVD and video to iPad formats, here we recommend you the professional iPad related DVD and video conversion software to help you watch any DVD or video on your iPad at ease.
MacX DVD Ripper Mac Free Edition is a free DVD ripping software for Mac users to convert DVD to MP4, DVD to iTunes, DVD to MPEG easily, so that you can transfer DVD to iPad, or playback DVD on iPhone, iPod and other Apple devices you like.
MacX Video Converter Free Edition is a professional video converter for you to convert all video like MKV, M2TS, AVCHD, AVI, MP4, M4V, WMV, RM, RMVB, ASF, etc to MP4, H.264 format for your iPad (including the latest iPad Air and iPad Mini with Retina display), as well as extract audio from videos and convert them into iPad audio format.
Best DVD Ripper for iPad Review
Still seeking for the best DVD ripper for iPad to make utmost out of your iPad? Well, this article will introduce top 3 best DVD to iPad converters for Mac that can rip and convert DVD to iPad (iPad Air 2, iPad Mini with Retina, iPad 4/3/2) accepted video format, so that you can watch DVD movies on iPad wherever you go.
Supported Video Formats for iPad Air and iPad Mini with Retina Display
What video formats can be playable on iPad Air and iPad Mini with retina display? You may get know all the supported video formats for iPad Air and iPad Mini (with retina display) here and use free iPad DVD ripper or video converter on Mac to transfer the DVDs or videos to any iPad.
iPhone 5S/5C Supported Video and Audio Format
What are the video and audio formats supported by iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C? This article will give you a brief introduction about the iPhone 5S/5C supported video and audio formats and share you the best software to help you transfer DVD/videos to iPhone 5S/5C for enjoyment.
More Reading Materials