The iPhone, since its first release on June 29, 2007, has brought us a lot of fun and changed our livies in many aspects. iPhone has lots of functions, from universal text messaging, email, to visual voicemail, web browsing, Wi-Fi and 3G connectivity, etc. And most importantly, it's also a portable media player, which supports music, audiobook, podcast, application and video. Being the most popular handset, iPhone brings people improved digital life as well as enhanced entertainment.
Most iPhone users like to watch DVD movies on this beautiful handset. However, it's a little bit head-scratching for them to play DVDs on iPhone because of iPhone video format incompatible issue. iPhone only supports videos like this:
- Video Format: MP4, MOV, M4V
- Video Frame rate: up to 30fps
- Audio: AAC up to 160Kbps, 48kHz
- Video Bitrate: up to 1.5Mbps for H.264, or 2.5Mbps for MPEG-4
Best Free DVD Ripper for iPhone to Rip/Copy Protected DVD to iPhone
For the reason above, if you want to play DVD movies on your iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/X/8/7/6S/SE/6 Plus, you need to convert the DVD to iPhone supported formats first. Here the tool MacX DVD Ripper Mac Free Edition, a reliable & 100% clean and free iPhone DVD ripper, is hands-down the best choice:
- This DVD to iPhone ripper is able to convert any DVDs, including homemade restriction-free disc, and rip copy protected DVD with CSS, Sony ARccOS, UOPs, RCE, APS, damaged discs and more;
- This tool is designed for ripping DVD to Apple devices. It supports DVD to MP4, MOV, M4V (iPhone formats), iTunes, Apple TV without watermarks or limitations so that users can easily rip andy homemade or commercial DVDs to iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/8/X/7/SE/6S/6 Plus/5S/C/5, iPod Touch, iPad Pro, iPad mini 4/3/Air 2, etc;
- The hyper threading technology and multi-core CPU tech applied will help users to free rip DVD to iPhone in fast speed and no quality loss on Mac (macOS Big Sur included).
How to Rip Protected DVD to iPhone XS/XS Max/XR with the Free DVD to iPhone Ripper
Step 1: Load DVD Movies or DVD Folder.
Free download the free DVD Ripper iPhone for Mac (Windows version is also available), launch it and click "DVD Disc" to add DVD from DVD drive. Or you can click "DVD path" to import DVD from DVD folder saved on your computer. It accepts any types of DVDs, as well as DVD video folder (VIDEO_TS) and ISO image files. Then the free DVD to iPhone ripper will start to identify the correct title of DVD movies/TV shows automatically. The disc analyzing process finishes instantly most of the time, but it may take seconds for tough DVDs.
Step 2 Choose Output Video Format.
To free rip DVDs to iPhone XS/XS Max/XR, 8/8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone 7s/Plus, iPhone 7/Plus, iPhone 6S/Plus or earlier models, select the one of the iPhone supported formats from the list. MP4, MOV and M4V can all be played on your iPhone. If you are going to add the ripped DVD video to iPhone via iTunes syncing, you can also choose an option from the iTunes Video list.
Step 3: Choose Output Folder.
Specify an output folder on your computer to save the ripped DVD video files. Click "Browse" button to choose the path where you want to save the output files in.
Step 4: Start Conversion.
After finish the above steps, click "RUN" to start to rip DVD movies to iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/8 Plus/8/X. You can view the conversion progress and are able to cancel the converting process at anytime. You can take a break or have a cup of coffee, it normall takes a quater to finish the DVD to iPhone free ripping.
Note 1: If you are planning to rip DVDs to iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/X or iPhone 8 with tough encyrptions, for example, those DVD movies from Disney, you're suggested to check the box of Safe Mode. This is an advanced function built-in the free DVD ripper iPhone that has been proven to solve most protected DVD ripping problems.
Note 2: To ensure high output quality as possbile, check the box of High Quality Engine.
Note 3: Considering that you're going to rip DVD to iPhone for free, and also that a DVD movie come large in size, you may want an output DVD video with smallest size as possible (also good quality). There are some tiips for this: you can cut unneccessary parts of the DVD movies, select MP4 as the output format (well-balanced between quality and size), adjust the video settings, and remove extras in the DVD.
Free DVD to iPhone Ripper vs HandBrake
When it comes to ripping DVD to iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/8/Plus, iPhone X, iPhone 7s/7/7 Plus/6s/se for free, most users will first of all think about the welcomed freeware HandBrake. Both as free, safe and clean tools for DVD to iPhone converting, why does MacX DVD Ripper Mac Free Edition come before Handbrake. The conculsion comes based on a series of tests. Below we will show you the test results:
- Source DVD info: A TV show DVD named NCIS. The correct main title 7 takes up 1.6GB.
- Computer info: An iMac running on OS X Yosemite, with 2.7GHz Intel Core i5.
To rip the DVD to MP4 for iPhone, the ripping time and output file size of both rippers are as below:
- MacX DVD Ripper Mac Free Edition: 18min, 469.2MB
- Handbrake: 31min, 837.2MB
DVD to iPhone Ripper Free Version vs Pro Version
MacX DVD Ripper Mac Free Edition is totally free which specializes in ripping DVDs for free on Mac OS to MP4, MOV, FLV, MPEG, iTunes. You can easily rip DVD to MP4/MOV for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV within a few clicks. It offers powerful yet easy-to-use functions, excellent video/audio quality, fast ripping speed, small size that makes it fast to launch. But if users need more output formats, devices, functions, try the advanced version MacX DVD Ripper Pro.
- 5 minute ripping guaranteed! 5x faster than others.
- 200 more output video and audio formats.
- 350+ profiles for iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows, Google devices.
- Supports any homemade, protected dvds, newly-released DVD movies, Japanese disc more.
- Four ripping modes, not only rip dvd to iPhone or mobiles, but also 1:1 copy DVDs for storage.
1:1 Copy DVD to ISO, MKV, MPEG2 & Rip Protected DVD to 350+ Apple Android Devices
MacX DVD Ripper Pro, the top-rated best DVD ripping software for Mac, not only empowers you to convert DVD to MP4, MOV, AVI, FLV, WMV and 350+ preset profiles, but also 1:1 copy DVD to ISO images, MKV, MPEG2 files fast, up to 36X real time converting speed.
Optional: Transfer DVD Movies to iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/8/X/7/7 Plus/6S/6 Plus
After you ripped DVD to iPone compatible video formats, it doesn't mean that you can freely watch the DVD movies on your iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/X/8/7/7 Plus/6S/SE. There is one more step to achieve it - transferring videos to iPhone from Mac. MacX MediaTrans is the ultimate tool which helps you to do so. The powerful iPhone transfer is proficient in transferring movies from Mac to iPhone, regardless of the video formats incompatible issue. It automatically converts videos to iPhone iPad video format during the transferring process.
>> Click to see How to Transfer Videos from Mac to iPhone