MacX DVD Ripper Pro – the best DVD ripper for Mac is designed to backup commercial DVD and homemade DVD smoothly and easy. It helps to rip DVD to MP4, MOV, MKV, FLV, AVI, WMV, MP3, etc and convert DVD for playing on iPhone 7/Plus, iPad Air, Samsung Galaxy Note 7, HTC 10, WP8, PS4, etc. Boasting unique DVD analysis technology, this Mac DVD ripper continuously updates to support decrypting DVDs with the latest copy protections such as Disney DVD Captain America 3, Zootopia, The BFG, Finding Dory, The Martian, etc. This guide will show you how to use MacX DVD Ripper Pro to rip DVDs to popular video formats on Mac OS X, as well as other bonus features you will like on this Mac DVD ripper.
Read the User Manual to Learn More Detailed Tips and Guides for MacX DVD Ripper Pro
How to rip DVD to AVI, MP4, FLV, MOV, iPhone, iPad, Samsumg, HTC, etc on Mac OS using MacX DVD Ripper Pro? The following will show you a step-by-step guide to complete the DVD ripping tasks on Mac. First, free download and install MacX DVD Ripper Pro.
Step 1. Load DVD Movies or DVD Folder. Run MacX DVD Ripper Pro, load DVD by clicking "DVD Disc", ISO image by clicking "ISO Image" or DVD folder by clicking "Folder"
Step 2: Choose the output video/audio format. Select the output video or audio format you desire from the drop-down window. You could choose the video formats and portable devices as you need, such as MP4, FLV, AVI, MPEG, MOV, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung, HTC, WP8, PS4, etc.
1. To improve the output video quality, you can select "High Quality Engine". If your original video is interleaving video, select "Deinterlacing" and the Advanced De-interlace Accelerator can convert it to progressive scanning video with much clearer image.
2. You can also set the CPU core use to enhance the conversion speed. When you encounter problem during the conversion, select safe mode to have a try.
3. Choose "Safe Mode" to smooth the conversion process. But the DVD ripping under Safe Mode takes a little more time than normal mode.
Step 3: Select Destination Folder. Specify an output folder on your computer to save the output files. Click the "Browse" button to choose the path where you want to save the output files in.
Step 4: Start Conversion. After finish the above steps, click the "RUN" button to start conversion, you could view the conversion progress and are able to cancel the converting process at anytime.
Most DVDs are encrypted with DVD Copy Protections and come with 99 titles. MacX DVD Ripper Pro supports ripping DVD movies of all types of copy protections put in place by DVD publishers. It removes CSS encryption, Sony ARccOS, RCE region protection, UOPs, as well as Disney new DVD copy protections and helps to choose the correct title for you before DVD ripping.
You can also choose DVD title manually (Optional).
1. Play the DVD movies first with DVD player software. When it comes to main content of the movie, please check the DVD title and record the title number.
2. Find the title number you record and tick it.
3. Select your targeted video/device and destination folder. You are good to go!
Tips: This DVD ripper for Mac can detect the correct title, so that you can rip DVD from the main movie content in correct order without choosing the DVD title manually. Just follow the 4 steps mentioned above if you want to rip protected DVD to MP4, MOV, FLV, iPhone, iTunes, iPad, HTC, Samsung, etc.
Select "Edit" tab of the DVD movie to be ripped, click "Enable Crop" button and adjust your video's aspect ratio to Full Screen, 16:9, 4:3, 1:1 to better fit your iPad screen. Or you can cut off unwanted area and remove black bars by dragging the resizable handle and frame. Once you finish your setting, press "Done" to confirm.
Select "Edit" button, the submenu Trim window allows you to adjust the duration of the video segment by dragging the left or right bar under the video preview windows or modify the "Start Time" and "End time" with values directly.
Select "Edit" tab of the video need to convert, click "Enable subtitle" button to add built-in subtitle tracks to the video. Or you can load an external subtitle file (.srt) to the movie. If you don't have a subtitle file yet, go to opensubtitles.org to search and download one for free.
Tips: There are quite a lot of users wishing to get the copy content with forced subtitles as below: "I am currently using the Mac X DVD Ripper Pro software version 4.5.2. I am trying to create a backup copy of the film "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit". I am not able to create a copy that shows the forced subtitles. Please let me know if you have any suggestions."
Subtitle is disabled by default. You are able to select Forced Subtitle here:
1. Button 1 allows to select several titles and click "Merge titles" to combine them into one.
2. Button 2 "SET TAG" lets you edit the file name as you want.
3. Button 3 enables you to adjust frame rate, resolution, bite rate, audio channel, etc according to your advanced need.
4. Button 4 permits you to take picture appearing in the movie and store as PNG.
Sometimes you might need to uninstall the MacX DVD Ripper Pro. Here we provide the exact steps to remove the software on Mac platform.
Step 1: Find the folder containing MacX DVD Ripper Pro.
Step 2: Drag the software to the Trash icon in the Dock. You'll need administrative rights if it's installed in your Applications folder.
Step 3: Remove MacX DVD Ripper Pro software from your Dock, simply drag it out of Dock with your mouse.