Part 1. Best Frame Rate Converter to Change MP4 AVI MKV MOV FPS
MacX Video Converter Pro is a solid video frame rate converter, NO input size limit per file or quantity limit each day.
- A frame rate increaser: convert 30FPS to 60FPS, 24FPS to 60FPS, 60 to 120FPS, 1080p 120 to 240FPS slow motion.
- Also a video frame rate reducer: lower frame rate 120FPS to 60FPS, change 60FPS to 30FPS, reduce 30fps to 24fps...
- Support to convert frame rate of MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, WMV, ProRes, camcorder AVCHD, MTS, GoPro/Drone footage.
- Change video resolution (720p/1080p to 4K, 4K to 1080p), bit rate, aspect ratio, codec, add subtitle to video, etc.
- Modify frame rate with high quality thanks to High Quality Engine. No audio video out of sync, blurry video problem.
- Convert MP4 to MOV, MKV to MP4, MOV to AVI, AVCHD to MP4, HEVC to H264, etc. any video format.
Part 2. How to Convert 24/30FPS to 60FPS (or Vice Versa) in Batch
Step 1: Add source video file
Run the video frame rate converter if you've downloaded it for Mac or for Windows. Click Add Video button at the top left corner of the main interface, choose source video file from the popping up window, and the video will be loaded quickly. You can also directly drag drop files to the window with 1GB, 5GB, 10GB, whatever file size. Batch conversion is available, too.
The fps converter software also works as a video converter for Mac/Win that accepts a wide range of codec and container formats, such as MP4, H.264, H.265, MPEG4, MOV, AVI, WMV, MKV, FLV, VOB, AVCHD, Apple ProRes, GoPro, DJI clips.
Step 2: Select frame rate 60FPS as your desired FPS
An Output Profile window will pop up when the source video is loaded successfully, allowing you to convert video formats. The MP4 frame rate converter can change among various video formats, select your ideal format and click OK. Here we choose MP4 (H264) as resulting format.
Click settings icon on the right of the video info, you'll see a window with Output Profile, Video Options and Audio options. Head to Video Options, locate to Frame Rate, and pick 60FPS frame rate you want. Click "OK" to save the settings.
In the meantime, you can compress video size, convert bitrate, change video codec, modify aspect ratio, convert video resolution, adjust other video audio parameters and merge/split video files with the all-around frame rate changer.
Step 3: Start processing frame rate 30FPS to 60FPS conversion
After you've all set, click "RUN" button on the bottom right corner to start lossless video frame rate conversion.
The same also applies to reduce video frame rate like 1080p 240FPS to 120FPS slow motion, 120FPS to 60FPS, 4K 60FPS to 4K 30FPS to properly strike a balance between quality and file size.
Part 3. How to Reduce/Increase Frame Rate Online Free?
Online service is always one of your most reliable arsenals, providing you with the most smart approach to convert video format and to change video frame rate. Among an expansive library of options, video2edit.com is standing out from the crowd. You can take full advantage of this free online video FPS converter to convert MP4 frame rate, MKV, MOV, AVI, WebM, camcorder AVCHD video frame rate among 1-120FPS. Check how-to guide:
Step 1: Load your video file.
Drag-drop your video file or tap "Choose File" button to import your video footage from local computer, or via URL, Google Drive, Dropbox. Then it will begin loading your video file. Hi-def video like 4K 2160p video uploading process will be comparatively slower; please be patient.
Note: check your input file size first. As for unregistered users, the maximum file size is 75MB only and it goes to 100MB for registered users (with Google or Facebook account). In case your input file is over 100MB, you're required to upgrade to is Premium plan at $15 per month or $12 per month for yearly subscription. Even so, the maximum input file size is also within 1GB for each. This free online seconds to frames converter is suitable for smaller-sized file. In terms of large-sized input footage, the FPS changer mentioned in Part 1 is better (no input file size or quantity limits).
Step 2: Choose output format and change frame rate.
Select the output format after the uploading is finished. Most modern formats are supported here. Here we still choose MP4 as output format. Afterwards, move mouse to "Optional settings" zone, where you can find frame rate section placed at the top of the setting column. Freely adjust the upper/downward icon to increase frame rate or reduce video FPS at your willing.
Or, you can directly insert the number like 30, 60, 120 to the box. Be aware that this online frames per second converter doesn't support you to upscale frame rate 120FPS to 240FPS for slow motion.
Step 3: Tap Start to begin converting video to 60FPS or reducing 60FPS to 30FPS online.
After all the settings are ready, hit "Start" button at the bottom of the webpage to call it begin. The whole conversion speed is highly relevant to your bandwidth speed. Exit unnecessary programs to improve frame rate conversion speed.
Part 4. FAQs about Frame Rate
1. What frame rate should you use?
Since there are many different frame frames, it may be difficult for some users to decide which frame rate to choose. If you are one of them, read our tips on what frame rate you should use for YouTube, mobile devices, DVD burning etc.
● Best frame rate for YouTube - To convert video frame rate for uploading to YouTube, Facebook etc. online, you should know that common frame rates for YouTube include 24fps, 25fps, 30fps, 48fps, 50fps, 60fps. And YouTube also accepts other frame rates. It depends on what effects you want to get. However, interlaced video should be deinterlaced.
● Best frame rate for games - Your eyes can tell the differences between 30fps and 60fps. 30fps is playable and smooth.
● Best frame rate for mobile devices - When change frame rate with frame rate converter for Android mobile devices, iPhone etc, you won't go wrong with 30fps. iPhone and many other phones and tablets support to play or record video at 30fps. But make sure that the fps you set is as low as looking good.
● Best frame rate for DVD burning - If you convert frame rate for burning a PAL DVD, you should change video frame rate to 25fps. While NTSC video frame rate is 29.97 fps. NTSC system and PAL system are not compatible with each other.
2. What frame rate does GoPro use?
GoPro frame rate ranges from 24FPS to 240FPS. Generally speaking, you're advised to use 60FPS for 4K recording if the sharp image is what you pursue. And 240FPS is for GoPro slow motion mode shot at 1080p full HD.
As for GoPro Hero 10 Black users, you can consider to use 5.3K at 60FPS and 4K slow motion at 120FPS if your memory space is sufficient.
3. What is a good frame rate for time-lapse?
The answer is 30 frames per second. Extended info: time lapse rates can be anything from around one frame per second to one frame every few hours.
4. What is a good frame rate for Valorant?
120FPS is recommended if you wanna a smooth yet immersive experience in this competitive game. Of course, you can appropriately change frame rate to 100FPS or 60FPS, alongside with some game settings adjustment if your hardware configurations can't be up to that mark.
5. Does increasing frame rate increase speed?
NO, it doesn't! Oppositely, the higher the frame rate, the slower the slow motion will be.
6. Frame rates comparison: is higher fps better for video?
The higher the frame rate, the better quality you will get in video (as well as game). But video is not only about frame rate. You need to take other elements into consideration. The most related one is file size. Thus, though higher FPS yields better quality, the high FPS is not always the option for video recording, sharing, editing and playing. Instead, other lower FPS options are also widely used grounded on different scenarios. Check the details:
- 24fps, a widely accepted FPS for digital filmmaking. It keeps a good balance between image quality and film fluidity.
- 23.98 fps, it's compatible with NTSC devices. Many HD video formats and some SD formats are recorded at 23.98fps.
- 29.97fps, it's a NTSC standard. If you need to modify fps for NTSC devices, NTSC DVDs, choose 29.97fps.
- 30fps, Some HD cameras support to shoot videos at 30fps. But Blu-ray disc and DVDs don't accept 30fps.
- 60fps, 59.94fps is always referred to 60fps. Most HD devices can play and record videos at 60fps. But 59.94fps is a more common since 59.94 is compatible with NTSC.