Is there a Format Factory for Mac Version? I learned about this great application but it is only windows based. Is there an application like this for Mac? – MacRumors
Format Factory has gained great reputation for its superb audio and video converting performance. However, such excellent video converter only runs on Windows platform. So if you are working with a macOS, the use of Format Factory will lead to Waterloo. Worse still, there is no sign showing Format Factory for Mac into its development schedule. In this case, if you've dream of converting video on Mac, you'd better download an alternative to Format Factory for Mac beforehand.
Free Download Top Mac Alternative to Format Factory Here!
Download the top alternative to Format Factory for Mac - MacX Video Converter Pro, a strong performer to let you convert videos among AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, MKV, WMV, MP4, MOV, FLV, AVI, H264, H265/HEVC, AV1, etc with 320+ inputs and 420+ outputs supported. What's even better, it can auto repair damaged/corrupted MP4, MKV video files. Convert and compress 4K HDR 60FPS video to smaller size at No.1 fast speed (3-Level Hardware Acceleration supported).
Part 1: Download Format Factory for Mac Alternative to Convert Video on Mac
Step 1. Add files
After finishing best alternative to Format Factory for Mac download, run it. Click "Add File" to select file you want to convert. This Format Factory similar program also supports batch conversion, so you can import and convert several files at a time. By the way, you are also enabled to download videos online.
Step 2. Choose Output Formats
Take the output format you want. In addition, you can tweak resolution, bit rate, frame rate, aspect ratio and other video settings for better video quality.
Tips: The awesome "Edit" feature in this alternative to Format Factory lets you trim, crop, merge videos and even add watermark and subtitle to your video before conversion.
Step 3. Choose Output Folder
Click "Browse" button in output setting area and select a destination folder to save your converted video.
Step 4. Start Conversion
Click "RUN" button to start converting videos on macOS. The conversion speed is running 5X faster thanks to GPU hardware acceleration tech and video quality is awesome (High Quality Engine supported).
Part 2: Comparison between Format Factory and Alternative for Mac
It would be much more clear to know why MacX is the best Mac alternative to Format Factory when you compare both of them side by side.
1. Supported Input Video Files
- Format Factory: All video files including MP4, MOV, FLV, AVI, WMV, MKV, etc
- Format Factory for Mac alternative: All video files including MP4, MOV, FLV, AVI, WMV, MKV, WebM, DV, AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, TS, etc
2. Supported Output Video Files
- Format Factory: Convert all videos to MP4, 3GP, MPG, AVI, WMV, FLV, SWF
- Format Factory for Mac alternative: HD videos: AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, TS, MKV, TOD, MOD, etc; SD videos:MP4, MOV, M4V, AVI, FLV, AVC, MPEG, WMV, MKV, MPEG2, MPEG1, RM, 3G2, 3GP, ASF, F4V, DV, SWF, WEBM.
3. Convert to Devices
- Format Factory: MP4 files support iPod/iPhone/PSP/BlackBerry format
- Format Factory for Mac alternative: iPhone 12 - iPhone 3GS, all iPads, iPods, Apple TV, Xbox, PS4, Android, Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, Sony, BlackBerry, Zen, and more.
4. Download Online Video
- Format Factory: no
- Format Factory for Mac alternative: Download video from Myspace, Metacafe, etc. 1000+ online sites.
5. Supported System
- Format Factory: All Windows OS including Windows 10
- Format Factory for Mac alternative: Mac OS X Tiger/Leopard/Snow L eopard/Lion/Mountain Lion/Mavericks/Yosemite/El Capitan/macOS Sierra; For Windows version, you can free download video converter for Windows.
Superior to Format Factory, the Mac version of this best video converter for Mac also has many attracting features, for example, capture streaming video on Mac, record screen HD videos, convert videos directly to iMovies, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android, etc while holding the optimal video quality you prefer. What's more, Multi-core CPU and Hyper-threading technology ensures amazingly superfast video converting speed on your Mac computer.