Best Apple ProRes Converter to Easily Decode/Encode Apple ProRes Video Files
To transcode Apple ProRes video files, you need an efficient ProRes video converter like MacX Video Converter Pro which is able to effortlessly tackle with any ProRes video conversion task. To be specific, it has many excellent features:
- Support importing/exporting all types of ProRes codecs like Apple ProRes 4444, ProRes 422 (HQ), ProRes 422, ProRes 422 (LT), and ProRes 422 (Proxy).
- Convert any format video to/from Apple ProRes with no quality loss, for example, convert MXF to ProRes 4444, H.264 to ProRes 422, AVCHD to ProRes 4444, AVI to ProRes 422, MP4 to ProRes 4444, ProRes to MOV, ProRes to MKV, ProRes to MP4, ProRes to iPhone, ProRes to iPad, etc.
- Edit ProRes video by clipping video, cropping frame size to remove the black bars, merging separate videos into a new one, adding watermark to personalize your videos and more.
- 5X faster speed to transcode ProRes and any videos, thanks to the application of multi-core CPU utility, hyper-threading tech and Intel Quick Sync Video hardware acceleration tech.
- Download videos free from 1000+ online video sharing sites like Facebook, Yahoo, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Vevo, Metacafe, Myspace and many more.
To begin with Apple ProRes video conversion, you should download this best ProRes converter Mac on your Mac computer (macOS Big Sur/High Sierra incl.); if you are a Windows user, you are suggested to download Windows version (Win 10 supported). Then follow the below step-by-step guide to decode & encode ProRes video files.
Guide One: How to Decode ProRes to MP4, MOV, AVI, FLV, etc for Playback with Ease
Step 1: Fire up this software for Mac/Win and click "Video" icon on the main interface to get access of video conversion. Then click "+ Video" button or drag and drop to add ProRes video files. BTW, it supports converting video files in batch so that you can add more than one ProRes video at a time.
Step 2: Click the "Target Format" button on the lower left corner. Go General Profiles > MP4 Video (H.264) to choose MP4 as output. The same step goes to choose MOV, AVI, FLV, MKV as an output format.
Note: you also can directly choose iPhone XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone x/8/7/7 Plus/SE/6s/6s Plus, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4, iPad Pro, iPod, Apple TV 4, iTunes, iMovie, QuickTime, Samsung Galaxy S9 edge, HTC 10, etc other 420+ preset profiles for Apple and Android devices as output formats for playback with ease.
Step 3: Tap "Browse" button to set the destination folder and click "RUN" button to start to convert ProRes to MOV, MP4, iPhone, iPad, iMovie, etc on Mac/Win. Later, you can feel free to play those ProRes video on your iPhone iPad Android devices or even upload to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc for sharing.
Guide Two: How to Encode ProRes Video from AVCHD, MTS, MKV, etc for Editing with iMovie & Final Cut Pro
Step 1: Open up the ProRes video converter, click Video icon and hit "+ Video" button to load ProRes video files.
Step 2: Choose ProRes as the output format. Go to Target Formats > Apple Device > to ProRes Video to choose any type of ProRes video as output format, be it ProRes 4444, ProRes 422HQ, ProRes 422, ProRes 422LT, ProRes 422 Proxy.
Note: this ProRes conversion tool also provides users standard iMovie video format and Final Cut Pro video presets to ease your conversion. But you'd better select the professional ProRes codec video to ensure the video quality. To enhance output file quality, you also can adjust video bit rate, frame rate, resolution, audio codec, sample rate or channels.
Step 3: Hit "Browse" button to select an destination folder to save the converted ProRes video file and click "RUN" button to start to convert AVCHD to ProRes 422 (*.mov), MTS to ProRes 4444 (*.mov), MKV to ProRes 422 (*.mov), MXF to ProRes, etc without sacrificing any quality.
1. For now, there are six types of Apple ProRes codecs including ProRes 4444XQ, ProRes 4444, ProRes 422 (HQ), ProRes 422, ProRes 422 (LT), and ProRes 422 (Proxy). And in April 2018, Apple released a new codec for Final Cut Pro X editing, named Apple ProRes Raw, which brings the same performance, quality, and ease of use introduced by Apple ProRes to raw media.
2. For online editing on powerful computer, Prores 422 HQ or Prores 422 are recommended; for offline editing on slow computer, Prores 422 Proxy and Prores 422 LT are recommended.
3. In addition to ProRes video conversion, this full-featured Apple ProRes converter also can easily convert among HD and SD videos, e.g. MKV to MP4, VOB to WMV, YouTube to MP3, H.265 to H.264, MTS to MP4, MP4 to MP3, AVI to iTunes, MKV to iPhone, YouTube to iPad, etc for playback with ease.