Quickly Convert WebM from/to MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, etc on Mac with Best WebM Converter Mac
To easily address the problem of WebM video conversion, you can rely on MacX Video Converter Pro which is especially designed for Mac users (macOS Big Sur included). In particular, this best WebM converter Mac is able to:
- transcode SD/HD WebM video to MP4, MOV, M4V, AVI, FLV, etc to be compatible with Mac, iPhone, iPad, Samsung, HTC, QuickTime, iTunes and other devices or video players for playback without any limits.
- decode MKV, MTS, AVCHD, MP4, AVI and any other video formats to WebM for uploading to YouTube or other HTML5-based sites.
- upscale 1080P HD to 4K VP9 codec WebM video for sharing or enjoying UHD video on Mac or mobile devices.
- convert WebM video with world's No.1 fast speed and original quality reserved thanks to its multi-core CPU utility, hyper-threading, and Intel Quick Sync Video hardware acceleration techs, High Quality Engine.
- download WebM videos free from YouTube, Vevo, Vimeo, Facebook, Dailymotion, Yahoo and other 1000+ online sites in 720P/1080P HD, 4K, 3D, VR, etc.
How to Convert WebM from/to MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, etc Quickly and Easily
Please download WebM converter Mac on your Mac computer. Now, follow the step-by-step guide to decode/encode WebM video.
Step 1: Open up this WebM video converter for Mac/Win and tap "+ Video" button to load 2K/4K MKV, MOV, WebM, FLV, AVI, etc video that you wanna convert. Or you can directly drag and drop video to the main interface of this best video converter for Mac. And batch conversion is allowed.
Step 2: To convert video to WebM (e.g., MP4 to WebM), go to "General Profiles" to choose "WebM Video" as output format; To convert WebM to MP4, MOV, AVI, MPEG, iPhone/iPad or Android devices, try to choose other formats in the same category.
Step 3: Specify a destination folder to save the converted video files.
Additional Information: WebM Video Codecs (VP9 and VP8)
VP8: Developed by Google, VP8 is the successor to VP7. It is an open & free video compression format and is served as a replacement for the Graphics Interchange Format (GIF). There are many browsers support playing VP8 video in HTML5 video, for instance, Opera, Firefox, Chrome, Chromium and more. According to the comparison between VP8 and H.264, people found that H.264 has a slight quality advantage.
VP9: Obviously, VP9 is a successor to VP8 and the main rival of High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC/H.265). There are many differences between H.265 and VP9, for example, HEVC/H.265 has higher compression efficiency; H.265 video has a better visual quality on low bitrates than VP9; H.265 has shorter encoding time; VP9 has better compatibility with web browsers than HEVC, etc. You can choose your desired codec according to different requirements.