What to do - iPhone got stuck on recovery mode/iTunes error 1671.
My iPhone is on iOS 16. Tried to downgrade from iOS 16 to iOS 15 as I'm suffering with iOS 16 problem of fast battery drain, but error 1671 occurred and now it's stuck in recovery mode. Every time I try to restore it, Error code 1671 pops up. Nothing can be done. Please help.
I am getting an unknown iPhone error 1671 when connecting to iTunes after getting an iPhone update.
Many users sometimes are flustered by the iTunes error 1671 and have no idea how to deal with. We gather a list of solutions to iTunes error (code 1671) with a brief breakdown of what the error is.
Get Rid of iTunes Error 1671 with iTunes Alternative
Try to use the top-end iTunes alternative, MacX MediaTrans, to backup and restore iPhone iPad or iPod touch to bypass iPhone error 1671 in iTunes. It can transfer, backup, and manage ringtones, music, videos, movies, TV shows, photos, documents, books, podcasts and other types of files for iPhone iPad iPod in an easy way.
The downloads above are for Windows and Mac only. If you are a mobile user, please click here.
What is iTunes Error 1671? Why Does the Error Appear
iTunes error 1671 message pops up telling that "there was a problem downloading the software for the iPhone. An unknown error occurred (1671) " or "the iPhone software update server could not be contacted. An unknown error occurred (1671)". The iPhone error 1671 often appears when syncing, doing a backup, restoring iPhone iPad or updating to iOS 16. Error 1671 in iTunes means that it is downloading software. Wait for a few minutes and try again later.
Common Reasons for iTunes Error 1671
- iTunes you are using is not a new version.
- Your computer's operating system needs to update.
- iTunes fails to connect with the Apple software-update servers.
- Security software on your computer may cause iTunes unknown error 1671.
- Your iPhone or iPad are jailbreaking.
- Your device is running a beta version of iOS.
- You are trying to downgrade from iOS 16 to iOS 15.
Now, you may have some clues to how to fix iTunes iPhone error 1671. Read troubleshooting tips below.
How to Fix iTunes Error 1671 (iPhone Error 1671)
- Wait for a while and try again.
- Update iTunes to the latest version. The current iTunes version available is 126.96.36.199, adding support for iOS 15 and iPadOS 15. But you need to know that iTunes won't sync ringtones, apps etc. to iPhone iPad since iTunes 12.7.
- Update your computer. Install macOS 10.14.5 and 10.14.6 update for macOS with iTunes 188.8.131.52, Or get your Windows updated.
- Restart. Quit iTunes, turn off your computer and iPhone or iPad and turn them again to see if iTunes error code 1671 disappears.
- Directly connect your iPhone iPad to your computer's high-speed USB port instead of an attached keyboard or USB hub if iTunes failed to sync with iPhone, or iTunes doesn't recognize iPhone, as Apple Support suggests.
- Try a different USB cable. Many users are glad to find that this simple action solved iTunes error code 1671.
- Login with your administrative user account, which helps fix iTunes error 1671.
- Check if any software update is available and do the update. It also fixes iTunes error 9006, error 3004, error 3194, or some other iTunes error codes.
- Update, shut up or even uninstall security software that may cause iTunes error 1671 on your computer.
- Try to restore iPhone iPad in DFU mode. iPhone error 1671 should be fixed.
- Connect iPhone or iPad to your computer, open iTunes and try to update or restore again.
- Try a different computer to see if it's the computer that causes error 1671 in iTunes.
- Contact Apple Support to ask help if iPhone error 1671 still exists in iTunes when restoring, updating iPhone or iPad.
Transfer, Backup and Restore Data for iPhone iPad without iTunes Error 1671
iTunes pops up errors from time to time, such as error code 1671, 9006, 3194, to name a few. Why not switch to an iTunes alternative? MacX MediaTrans can transfer and backup iOS data in a way better than iTunes. It is able to transfer and backup ringtones, photos, music, videos, TV shows, movies, iTunes purchases, documents and more for iPhone iPad speedily and easily without iPhone error 1671. What's more, it does more than data backup and transfer. With the awesome alternative to iTunes, you can also make ringtones, delete/organize/manage files, remove DRM, convert file format, etc. It is fully compatible with the latest iOS 16 and iPhone 14. Follow steps below to give it a shot.
Step 1: Free download the iPhone transfer tool for macOS or for Windows and run it, connect your device to computer with a USB cable.
Step 2: Select file type you want to transfer on Mac or PC. For example, you can click Photo Transfer to transfer photos between iPhone iPad and computer, then select individual photos or select all.
Step 3: Click Export and all the photos you choose will backup from iPhone iPad to computer immediately. Click Add Photo, select photos from computer, then click Sync button at the bottom right corner to transfer photos from computer to your device. You can also delete photos and photo albums. It's quite the same to transfer and backup other data like music, videos, movies, books.